Conference date and venue
The Conference will be held on 21 and 22 October 2021 in Athens.
- Theme 1: Democracies facing the Covid-19 public health crisis: sharing experiences, the way forward
- Theme 2: ‘#EnvironmentRightNow’: national parliaments and the right to a healthy and sustainable environment
- Theme 3: The common future of all European citizens
In the margins of the Conference:
- A working breakfast of Women Presidents of Parliament will be organised on Friday 22 October 2021 from 8 to 9.30am
- The Secretaries General of Parliament will meet on Friday 22 October 2021 (from 8.30 to 10 am).
The venue of the Conference is:
DIVANI CARAVEL HOTEL
(full contact details in the list of hotels below).
Website of the conference
Information on the Conference can be found on the PACE website: European Conference of Presidents of Parliament (coe.int) and on the Hellenic Parliament website: https://ecpp2021.parliament.gr
Contact information (Conference secretariat):
Email address devoted to the Conference: email@example.com
Phone number: +30 2103733868
Enrolment procedure – Online registration
- Each delegation should designate a contact person who will be in charge of the registration of the whole delegation.
- The contact person should send to firstname.lastname@example.org his/her contact details (name, email, phone number). After this first step, the coordinator will receive a link that will enable him / her to create a password to access the delegation registration form.
- The online registration of delegations will be open until 15 October.
All participants must be individually registered to access the conference venue (badge) and social events.
Please find attached list of recommended city center hotels within close distance from the Hellenic Parliament and the conference venue.
Delegations are kindly requested to make their own accommodation as early as possible in order to ensure their stay in their preferred hotel.
List of recommended
- DIVANI CARAVEL HOTEL
2, Vassileos Alexandrou ave.
16121 Athens Greece
Tel: +30 210 720 7000
50, Michalakopoulou ave.
11528 Athens Greece
Tel: +30 210 727 8000
- HOTEL GRANDE BRETAGNE A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL ATHENS
1, Vasileos Georgiou A΄ str. Syntagma Square
10564 Athens Greece
Tel: +30 210 333 0000
2, Vasileos Georgiou A΄ str. Syntagma Square
10564 Athens Greece
Tel: +30 210 335 2400
- ATHENS CAPITAL CENTER HOTEL – MGALLERY COLLECTION
4 Eleftheriou Venizelou Ave.& 2 Kriezotou str. Syntagma Square
10564 Athens Greece
Tel: +30 21 4444 2000
- ELECTRA METROPOLIS ATHENS
15, Mitropoleos str.
10557 Athens Greece
Tel: +30 210 337 0100
Transport will be provided by the Hellenic Parliament throughout the conference to and from the various social events on the programme.
No special arrangement regarding arrivals and departures (airport) is foreseen. It is suggested that delegations contact their embassies directly for this purpose.
Interpretation and documents
Conference documents are available in English and French on the web site of the Conference:European Conference of Presidents of Parliament (coe.int). Simultaneous interpretation will be provided into and from English, French, German, Italian and Russian.
Any delegation requiring interpretation of the speech of their President by their own interpreter will be given access to an interpretation booth. For any request, please contact the Conference Secretariat: email@example.com
Additional booths can be allocated, in chronological order of requests made (first come first served), for simultaneous interpretation in other languages. The costs of renting and setting up the booths/screens, as well as the recruitment of interpreters, will be borne by the relevant delegations.
Please note that these requests must comply with the working conditions of interpreters working for the Council of Europe.
List of speakers / Speeches
Presidents (or Vice-Presidents) can already register in the list of speakers (for one or more themes) contacting the Secretariat of the Conference: firstname.lastname@example.org
The order of the speakers in the speaking list will be determined by the drawing of lots organised during the meeting of Secretaries of national delegations (21 October from 9 to 10 am). The list thus established will be distributed as soon as possible to allow speakers to know when they will be called to address the Conference.
Speakers registering after the drawing of lots will be added to the list in the order in which they have registered.
In order to facilitate the work of the interpreters, speakers are invited to provide in advance a copy of any written speeches to the Secretariat of the Conference: email@example.com
Meeting rooms will be at the disposal of participants for the purpose of bilateral talks. Should a meeting room be required, please contact the Secretariat of the Conference:firstname.lastname@example.org